Problems with deadline function

Recently I have been having issues with using the deadline function. I will go to Project Targets and enter my word count goal with no problem but when I add a date it keeps saying I have no days left or only 1 day.

For example: Today May, 6th I’m attempting to set a deadline for May 31st but it says I have only 1 day left.

I do have Automatically Calculate from Draft Deadline selected.

Any suggestions to fix this? Is something off with what day Scrivener thinks today is?

This is a new project but I had this issue come up in the past month when updating an old project with new deadlines. It too said no days left.

What day does your computer think it is? Have you recently moved to a different time zone or traveled with the computer?

Also, could you tell me which version of Scrivener you have, please, and with which version of Mac OS?

Katherine

My computer has the correct date and time.

I’m using version 3.2.2 of Scrivener and macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Hmm.

Please reset Scrivener’s Preferences file, as explained here:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … references

Does that help?

Katherine

I’m experiencing the same problem, but when I try to reset the preferences, the Scrivener files

1. Scrivener: com.literatureandlatte.scrivener3.plist
  2. Scapple: com.literatureandlatte.scapple.plist

Date & Time of my laptop are correct.

do not appear in the preference library.

Any solution here?

Thanks!

I am having the same problem. Scrivener 3.3.6, MacOSX Sonoma. The “Days Left” reads 1 no matter what the deadline date is set to. As a result, the season target is simply the full remaining word count.
There is no “preferences” file in the current version. I have restored the defaults, but that doesn’t do anything.

If you’re on Sonoma, the preferences are now called Settings, but otherwise are exactly the same.

I can’t help with Edison count, deadlines etc. as they have never been of concern to me.

:slight_smile:

Mark