Problems with Dropbox / iOS syncing, etc.

Hi there,

So, a bit of a conundrum here.

I have a pretty old Macbook that is running Sierra. Dropbox slows the system down to a crawl basically anytime I open it now, and it keeps getting stuck in “Starting…” mode and doesn’t sync.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times and it’s just not working and taking an insane amount of time.

The most up to date version of a very large project (my master content file of all my writing) is on my iPad and has been synced to Dropbox but of course, I can’t get it on my Macbook.

I’m wanting to essentially take a good bit of the content from this master content file and organize it into my next book…but since I can’t just drag and drop from one project to another in iOS, I’m not sure how to go about doing this.

Is there a way other than Dropbox sync that I could get the most up to date Scrivener file from my iPad onto my Macbook so I can at least work on that to organize the content and export it for the book?

I plan to publish through KDP and used InDesign for my last few books but it’s such a pain to format in and would love to be able to use Scrivener to do so…

Thoughts appreciated. I’m pulling my hair out over this.

iTunes sharing is the best Dropbox-free way to transfer between an iDevice and a Mac.
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

You can also email a project to yourself from the iDevice. Tap Edit at the top of the project list, select the project you want, then tap the Export icon below the project list.

Katherine