Problems with keyword search

First off, I’m a novelist and I LOVE Scrivener. I’ve been through the tutorial and looked at the manual, but can’t figure out why at the “draft” level (meaning, entire book is available for scanning), when I highlight keywords I want searched, the search list comes up with nothing. Using the CTL-F search function, they come up fine one by one…

What am I doing wrong?
Daphne

Thanks! Glad to hear Scrivener is working well for you. One question I have, when you say “keywords” do you mean the actual feature, where you can insert colour-coded keywords into the Inspector, and see a full list of them using the [b]Project/Show Project Keywords[/b] menu command? I ask because typically one wouldn’t be able to located any of these using the normal Ctrl-F find function, which only searches within the current text field.

Using the special keywords feature, you can most easily search for multiple keywords by selecting them in the keywords list window, and then clicking the [b]Search[/b] button. It is however important to note that this will look for only those documents that include all of the listed keywords. If you wish to find documents which contain any of the listed keywords, you will need to click on the magnifying glass icon in the search toolbar at the top of the project window, and change the “Operator” to “Any Word”.

Let me know if you are referring to something else though. If you are just using “keyword” to many any phrase you are looking for, the Project Search toolbar (with the aforementioned magnifying glass icon) is where you would perform these searches. As you note, Ctrl-F only jumps from one to the next within the text area you are editing.