Problems with NaNoWriMo version

Couldn’t find anything on the board, but are there any/many known issues with the NaNoWriMo version of Scrivener? I’m having quite a few problems, including:

  1. Crashing
  2. Very slow in general (slow to start, slow to move between pages, slow to carry out commands, etc.)
  3. As of today it’s stuck in Scrivenings mode and I can’t see individual text files.

As you’ll see in the attached Word file, even though I’ve clearly clicked on a text file on the left, there’s nothing in the main screen. I’ve tried switching to corkboard mode and back - no good. I’ve tried closing Scrivener and re-opening it…also no good.

Phillipa
Scrivening mode problem.doc (104 KB)

And now it’s just constantly crashing whenever I try to change views (outliner, corkboard or scrivenings) at all.
Phillipa

I’ve now un-installed the NaNoWriMo version of the software and installed the Windows trial version. I still have the same problem with Scrivenings mode, but it doesn’t seem to be crashing every time I change modes or move into different text documents to try to get my ‘normal’ view back.

I do need to get out of Scrivenings mode though. Any ideas?

Phillipa

I managed to work out a way to fix this. I went to View/Go to/Manuscript and then selected one of my actual documents. This then got me out of Scrivenings mode.

Just in case anyone else has this problem, this solves it! Although I’m certainly reluctant to try the Scrivenings mode any time soon.

Phillipa

Phillipa just pressing Ctrl+1 or the view t5he document button again should take you back to a single document

Phillapa - I think I may have stumbled on the “stuck Scrivenings” bug you’re getting, but if you find any particular trigger for this please let me know, as I was of course testing something else and about to crash for the night when I thought I saw it, so I’m not sure how I managed it. (Ah, bugs.) I’m continuing some testing with this, and there are several other Scrivenings bugs that Lee has been working on which may be related–1.0.3 will be out soon with some updates to address this, so also let me know if that solves the issue for you.

Oh! Ha. Nevermind. I think I saw a different bug (or else I just was squiting at the screen too much at 2:30am). I’ve figured out what’s going on in your case, and that’s still a bug but a different one. What’s happened is that you locked the editor while viewing the Manuscript folder, and now clicking in the binder isn’t changing the view. The problem here is that you don’t have the editor header visible, which means you have no visual indication in the interface that the editor is locked–that’s the bug; locking the editor should only work when you’ve got the header showing. So to fix this, you just need to deselect View > Editor > Lock in Place (Ctrl+Shift+L).