Program freezes up

For the past, I dunno, maybe two weeks? My Scrivener has been totally incapacitated. No sooner do I type ten words than it freezes up and will not let up. I have to force the program to quit.

Is this an issue with Mountain Lion? Am I never going to get this working again? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with absolutely no luck.

Has this happened to anyone else? How is it fixed?

I can’t do much to help diagnose your wider problem, but let me assure you that I, and, I expect, many many others, have been using Scrivener on Mountain Lion for months with absolutely no problems.

If I were in your position, I’d look at other factors that may differentiate your use from other people’s, such as characteristics of the project (including imported documents and/or characters or symbols that Scrivener is failing for some reason to deal with), very heavy use of graphics, or anything else that may be unusual, especially any actions by you that repeatedly trigger the crashes. In this respect it would be well worth looking for any reports ending up on the operating system Console that may indicate something strange going on (which you could then publish here).