Progressbar

Hello.
The program has a wonderful opportunity to set a goal - to print so many words or characters per day. I would like to constantly see the percentage of completion of the task in the status bar. In the form of a progress bar with percentages, or with numbers (optional). Maybe it’s already implemented, but I don’t know how to enable it? Tell me please.
A similar question has already been raised, but it was suggested to show numbers somewhere at the top (as I understand it). I suggest that below, in the status bar, show exactly the bar - a strip with numbers and percentages (optional).

Hello.

This?

2 Likes

While the status bar show the percentage isn’t really a progress bar. Looks to me that the OP is asking for

▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤ 100%

2 Likes

Yes, something like this. Below, unobtrusively, in the status bar. There are two indicators - how much is left in total and how much for today. And the percentage or the number of words is optional.

Relatively speaking, you can place this in the status bar. To not call every time. But it should be optional - maybe it will distract or annoy someone.
I wanted to insert a screenshot, but the system did not give. In general, the window that is called by Ctrl + Shift + T - duplicate it in the status bar.

The people are trying to tell you that the functionality you want already exists. SWM is showing you how there are persistent task progress bars — progress in the current session and progress on your draft. These are not in the footer, however, they are unobtrusively snuck into the quick search field in the header area.

You can get a progress bar in the footer, if you want, by setting a goal for a document, as both SWM and reepicheep have pointed out. Setting the goal is done right in the footer bar.

2 Likes

It’s clear. Thanks a lot for the clarifications.

2 Likes

Also look at project targets and can put icon on toolbar and when open see target for novel/etc you set and the daily session total and can set the deadline in options and calculate the daily output needed to reach the finish line by your target date.
2022-07-11_09-49-52

2 Likes