Project crashed. Trying to recover.

Reposted this from the Windows forum:

Scrivener crashes when trying to open project

Postby Kevin Andrew Murphy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 am
I finished my big graphic novel project last night. Yay!

I went to compile the manuscript. This worked.

Then I went to try to compile all the numerous art references and notes with pictures. Scrivener freaked out, had some error, and now will not open the project successfully on either machine.

I have them linked via Dropbox.

I had some troubles with it complaining about there being no room on the drive, so I dumped a ton of music files and freed up 20 GB, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Unfortunately, since it was an issue for a while, I hadn’t done that many recent backups because those had crashed when I exited. I was going with the copy on Dropbox which was also copying to my laptop.

How do I get this open so I can get my files? Will it work to open in on a Mac instead? I bought a copy of Scrivener for Mac and may able to get a Mac laptop from a friend. I’m trying right now with a more powerful Windows laptop. It seems the problem is that the file now makes the computer run out of memory.

Help!

Kevin Andrew Murphy

Platform: Windows

Re: Scrivener crashes when trying to open project

Postby Kevin Andrew Murphy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 am
Okay, I just put Dropbox onto an otherwised unused newer laptop, along with Scrivener, and tried to open the project. It said either it was open or it wasn’t saved properly. Since both the other machines were off, it definitely wasn’t open. So I saved a copy. Now, when I try to run Scrivener, even on the fancier Windows laptop, it crashes.

Will it possibly fix this to try with a Mac system? How do I get my files? The project is over a gig, and since dropbox has those files, they’re obviously there.