Project Incompatibility PLEASE HELP SOON

I am working on a novel for Camp NaNoWriMo, and I need to get this resolved ASAP because I’ve got a month to write 50k and I need access to my already finished work.

I JUST made a project, put all the work in, organized it and everything on the current beta version. My computer crashed before I got a chance to save it, but in the project folder, all the files are there so I know it saved. I just really can’t work in 20 different Word files. I turned my computer back on, and opened scrivener, but it claims that the project file is not compatible with the current version.

Keep in mind, this is after I went in, copied and pasted the separated files from the last Scrivener project file I was trying to write this book on, since the previous project file gave me the same problem last time.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Grab a towel and don’t panic! Most likely thing is that your version.txt file got wiped in the crash, so we’ll check that first.

1. Open your project’s .scriv folder and open the “Files” folder
  2. In a plain-text editor (e.g. Notepad), open the “version.txt” file you find there.
  3. Select all and then type “16” (no quotes) and save.
    (If you don’t see the file at all in step 2, you can create a new file in Notepad, type “16” in it as in step 3, then save it as “version.txt” and place it in the Files folder.)

Then try opening your project again. If it’s still not working, there may be some other files that got damaged in the crash as well. In that case, the easiest thing is probably if you can just zip the whole .scriv folder and send it to support AT literatureandlatte DOT com and I’ll take a look and try to restre it for you.

Thank you so much! It worked :smiley: Thank you thank you thank you thank you! :smiley:DDD

Great! Good luck with your Camp Nano novel!

This happened to me too. Just wanted to say this solution worked for me as well. Thanks!