project Name

Is there an easy way to change the project name? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to save as and then delete the old project.

If you’re looking to change the name of the project file (ie My Project Name.scriv), then the easiest way is to close the project, then change the name in Finder, making sure you keep the .scriv extension, of course.

If all you want to do is change the Title of the project when it’s compiled for publication etc (e.g. on the front cover of the book), then there’s no particular need to change the filename, as you can call it what you want in the Compilation dialogue, on the second tab on the right (looks like a luggage ticket). Put the new Title in the Title field. (The default is the project filename, but you can overwrite it.) This feature is handy if, for example, you like producing various versions of your manuscripts (Title V1, Title V2, etc) As you can see, you can change the author, use an abbreviated title and so on.

HTH.

I tried this. It changes the project name but doesn’t change it at the very top of the window where it says OMAR’s Story

The name at the top of the window is the name of the file (actually a folder) containing the project. You can change it in Finder, just like you would the name of any other file.

Katherine

thank you