Question about formatting when compiling to Word?

Hi - I’ve been browsing the forum, and a few other people have had similar issues, but I haven’t come across one that’s exactly the same.

I wanted to send novel 1 to a new reader. She wanted in in Word, so I sent her the RTF that I’d compiled some months ago. She then got back to me saying that my formatting was weird. To be exact:

1. The manuscript was not double spaced, and
  2. There was an extra space between paragraphs - which were also indented.

She told me she’d tried to fix this in Word, but when she deleted the extra space between paragraphs, she also lost the indents.

I’ve got to say that I liked the way the RTF looked - I’ve been sending it around to readers, and this is the first complaint about formatting. But it seems that standard manuscript format is double spaced, indents, and no extra spaces between paragraphs. And Scivener isn’t compiling that way, at least not for me. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Try using the “Standard Manuscript Format” compile preset, from the “Format As” drop-down menu. If you’re in a region that doesn’t prefer Courier, you may want to change that to TNR (or whatever) with the Quick Font Override pane.