Question about importing synopsis into Scrivener

I’ve found that by inserting a carriage return between the first line of a Scapple note and the remainder of the note that Scrivener imports the line that precedes the carriage return as the card title and places the entire note (to include repeating the text that precedes the note’s first carriage return) into the synopsis. Is there some way to format a Scapple note such that the body of a note (material following the first line note title) imports into Scrivener as the card synopsis without the note’s first (title) line?

I’ve attached pics of the Scapple note and how it imports into Scrivener to illustrate what might not be clear from the words above.

Thanks.
ScappleNote.jpg
ScrivenerCard.jpg

No, there’s no way to do that as there is no concept of a note title in Scapple. Scrivener just grabs the first line from a note to use as the title - either up to the first carriage return or the first few words, whichever is shorter. It makes no assumptions about whether that line was intended to be the title or not, as it has no way of knowing.

All the best,
Keith

Okay. Thanks. Request consider as a candidate for a future update. It’d give Scapple the ability to function more closely to a deck of Scrivener index cards with scene title and synopsis, and would make imports into Scrivener cork board more seamless.

I would also appreciate this kind of enhanced functionality, since I seem to use Scapple more and more for roughing out synopses.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Could this be solved on Scrivener’s side? Maybe everything until the first carriage return could be taken as the note title. At least as much as fits; the rest could maybe get pushed into the note’s synopsis.

This has already been added as an import preference for the next update of Scrivener. That’s as far as this will go, as Scapple itself certainly isn’t intended to have a concept of titles/synopses. An option on Scrivener’s side should indeed do the job.

Concur. And thanks :wink:

Perfect.

I’m pleasantly surprised by Scapple. I already own Curio and Tinderbox, so I didn’t think Scapple would add anything new, but it does: ease of use. Not that Curio or (at a basic level) Tinderbox are that complicated to use, but Scapple is so focused on getting your thoughts on paper that it makes the other two look almost cumbersome. I’ve been using it for brainstorming for a few days now, and it’s wonderful.

I still intend to use Tinderbox for more complicated and longer-term maps, so if Scapple basically stays the way it is, that’s more than fine by me.