Question about text colors

Is it possible to change the text color to white on an Index card that’s a dark blue. It’s too hard to see the black words on the dark blue background. The Title of the Card in already in white text, which is good…is that the default for the Title?

I presume you are referring to index cards which have been tinted by dark colours? You might try reducing the opacity of that tinting in Preferences. The control for that is Pin/label tint opacity, located in the Fonts & Colors section; about 5 up from the bottom. If you set that lower, you’ll get a less harsh tint effect, and more readable combinations.

I don’t think you can do it at the moment. For 2.0 I’ve found some code that automatically switches to white text if the background colour is past a certain darkness, but it’s unlikely to make it into a 1.x release, I’m afraid.
All the best,
Keith

I know I can change the background color, but needed to know if we can change the text color too. I’ll try to get the background even darker so the text color might change to white. It’s worth a try. I need at least two very dark cards. Thanks for your responses.

Hi, as I said, this is coming with 2.0, later in the year - the current version won’t change the text to white and you can’t do it yourself either.
All the best,
Keith

Thanks kb, hurry up 2. :slight_smile: