Question for those that have mastered the art of Scrivener! Chapters and Titles

Hey!

I’m fairly new to using Scrivener, and I’d like some advice on how I can format my chapters and titles correctly. The book that I am currently in the process of writing is fiction, and from a first person POV. In the chapter folders located in the binder, I have labelled them with the characters name of who is narrating. But, what I would like to know is, if I am writing a chapter that needs the characters name, but also a date for a specific date that I am writing from in the past, how would I format this?

for example:

Chapter One

-Characters Name-

-day, date, time-

And so it began… blah blah blah

I apologize if this isn’t easy to understand, but if anyone understands, please help!

Will I need to put the title of the day date and time in the actual text of the story?

Thank you :slight_smile:

If you use folders for chapter titles, and child files to hold scenes inside the chapters, you could compile with the folder titles becoming the chapter names and the file titles giving the dates:

CHAPTER 5 – DALLYING WITH DARCY
May 1810

Another user wanted to compile a book of songs that included the song titles and names of the singers or composers. The Scrivener developer provided a detailed step-by-step guide for them that might, in the circumstances, also fit your needs, where the song titles would equate to your chapter titles and the singers’ names to your dates. See:

literatureandlatte.com/foru … 31#p266631

Very elegant solution.

Slàinte mhòr.