Quick Reference panel: can it remember its settings?

Hi all,

I’m loving Scrivener 2 on the high-res display of a 13" MacBook Air. And the battery life! Gosh.

Anyway, a quick question. I’m flicking through a huge number of short entries in my binder and don’t want to leave the Outliner view. I’d like to use the Quick Reference panel to quickly refer to each one-liner entry, but each time I open a new Quick Reference panel it appears in a default position: small, boxy and in the middle of the screen.

I have a preferred position/size for the Quick Reference panel but Scrivener doesn’t remember the settings used by the previous activation of the panel. Any way I can make Scrivener put each new Quick Reference panel in the same place, and the same size, as the previous panel?

Thanks,

S.

QR panels remember their settings in the current session, but each new QR panel is a new window and so appears in its default position.
All the best,
Keith

Keith, thanks for such a rapid reply! I guess each QR panel is unique to its file as opposed to being a viewer mode.

S.

Yes, that’s it exactly. Although it would be possible to save a default position and update it whenever a window is moved (although this would be more difficult than with regular window position saving), I wonder how useful it would be given that many users may be opening multiple QR windows, and so if they open in the same position some users might be confused into thinking that there is only one QR window open when there are in fact several behind it.

All the best,
Keith

Have you considered splitting the editor (perhaps horizontally), and setting the “Open in other Editor” toggle button (two arrows pointing in opposite directions) at the bottom of the outliner editor window? When you click on an item in the outliner, that item’s text will appear in the other editor, and not be in the middle of your screen.

Keith, yes I expect that’s correct! robertdguthrie, that’s a solution too, thanks!

S.