Random Table column width in ebook (.mobi)

I have several Tables in my Appendices, all formatted the same: 2 columns, nothing fancy. With one Table the second column stretches off the side of the page so that the text is truncated (See image). I’m viewing with the Kindle app.
Also, I’ve reduced the character spacing for the word ‘Constantinople’ so that it shouldn’t be split, but that doesn’t work (See image).
Is there any way to explicitly define column widths? What’s going wrong?
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.45.04.png

Kindle allows the reader to change the text in a large number of ways. Font, font size, line spacing, paragraph width, … It is possible to override it to some extent but in those cases the appearance of the end result may sometimes be really strange, depending on the platform used to display the .mobi file. Is it a Kindle or just a Kindle emulator on an iPad or an cell phone or a laptop or what?

My own solution to your case would probably be to use the words in the left column as a kind of headers and have the right column as text below this header. That way it would still be possible to read the appendices on e.g. an iPhone.

… or skip the .mobi format and publish it as a pdf instead.

Thanks, Lunk. I’ve adopted your suggestion to “use the words in the left column as a kind of headers and have the right column as text below this header”.