[RC12] Help > Scrivener Manual hangs the program

A bug and a word of thanks. First the thanks: I really appreciate the additional horizontal expansion allowed in the Binder. It’s now easy to see my highly hierarchical project at a glance. A small thing, but my life, at least, just got easier.

The bug: New install in a fresh directory. Executing Help > Scrivener Manual hangs the program. I can see (and open) the manual in the proper directory. Just can’t get to it from the menu system. I had to force-quit the program (twice) to recover.

HTH,

Thomas

This loads the manual within your default PDF application (usually Adobe Reader). If you have a different application, auto-starting and loading the PDF manual might cause unexpected behavior. I personally could not reproduce the problem you describe. Please, let me know if someone else is having the same crash upon loading the manual. You can also try Help > List of All Placeholders, which is doing the same with a different PDF file.

Just for information, and in case the information helps, I have Sumatra PDF as my default pdf reader. On Windows 10 I had no trouble opening the manual or the list of placeholders. They opened and closed without affecting Scrivener at all.

Yep. That too hung my system. And the default PDF reader was already open with the manual loaded.

HTH,

Thomas