RC6: Error message trying to add separator to Mobi Ebook

Hi,

I am trying to add a custom separator to Mobi ebook using this <$img:D:\Downloads\sep.jpg> tag - see compile screen below. The same tag works fine for epub and docx, but when compiled for Mobi, I get this:

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(prcgen):W14010: media file not found C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mbp_7E4_6_1_9_20_16_9_5C98_3258_1\OPS\046-078-204-064-041-140-181-082-153-196-039-253-078-170-195-115 Warning(prcgen):W14012: media file format not supported C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mbp_7E4_6_1_9_20_16_9_5C98_3258_1\OPS\046-078-204-064-041-140-181-082-153-196-039-253-078-170-195-115 Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29003: Closed unclosed tag:

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

I posted this some time ago - checking today; I see that it’s still an issue in the latest RC - Just wondered if its something on the radar for fixing. Also, I’ve since discovered that the issue affects both Mobi and epub.

Essentially, I add a graphic section separator - in the output ebook. It works correctly for the first chapter, but outputs bad html in subsequent chapters.

If it helps for debug, I can create a mini project to reproduce and upload.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve attached a zipped project showing the problem. The zip file includes an example of epub output (epub 3).

Thanks for the example project, CHRISDR2! I managed to reproduce the problem and will post more info once I trance this further.

We managed to pinpoint the problem and a fix will be available in the next update. Thanks for the demo project once again! It helped a lot.

Glad to have helped, thanks for the fix!

Hi,

Is see that the image problem is fixed in RC17 (thanks), but there is still an underlying problem with malformed HTML. Try loading the test project epub file in Sigil - it reports issues with corrupted HTML.

:frowning: Sorry about that. We found it and fixed it too. There is missing ‘>’ at the end of some ePub HTMLs.
Hope to release the new update soon with this hotfix. Thanks!

Thanks! It’s a good fix actually, because when I ran it on a completed project, the compile trimmed some manuscript text from the end of several chapters.

I don’t know whether this is a new bug, or something that got introduced in the fix, but I found a problem when I tested on a finished project. In the project, I had some images in ebook front-matter, imported using <$img> tags, but when compiled the image src tag is garbled:

[code]

test

[/code]

I’ve updated the demo project for this.

The images in the very first eBook document(usually the front matter document) will not be exported. This bug was introduced in RC18. It is fixed and will be available in RC19.

As a workaround you can try adding a Title Page without images, and separate the following front/main matter documents with a Page Break separator. Still the new RC19 update will be uploaded very soon, so probably you could wait for it.

Thanks for the fix. It was just two images, and I worked around it by importing the image files with Sigil and editing the src path.