Readapting older articles


I could recently write an article, that had to be largely based on older or different articles. Scrivener proved fabulous even with this work.

First of all, I collected all the previously written articles, as separate documents, in the Research folder.

Then, I started breaking the first one into logic blocks, each one as a new document in the Draft folder.

When breaking the second one, I could either copy and paste text into existing documents in the Draft, or create new documents with ideas that were not in the first document.

This resulted in a mix between existing articles, with all the ideas mixed in a new, more articulate article. From there, I had only to remove redundancy, rearrange sections, and rewrite everything so that each part could glue together.