Reciprocal Document References (Windows)

Hi,

I have begun using Document References to loosely map associations between characters, localities, ideas etc. It would cut the work in half for me if I had the option to create reciprocal references.

So, currently, if I want to point “Character A” and “Character B” to each other, I have to go to each and create a reference to the other.

Instead, I’d like to create a reference from “Character A” to “Character B” and have that automatically create a reciprocal reference from “Character B” back to “Character A”. Perhaps an option available via settings to prompt for a reciprocal reference when a document reference is made?

Note: I’m using the Windows version.

Many thanks,

pt

There’s already an option for this in the Mac version 2.0, so this will be coming to the Windows version too, although I can’t say for sure when at the moment.
All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith. Do you know if there is an expectation that the Win version will at some point reach ‘mostly parity’ with the Mac version, or if it’s expected that the Win version will always train the Mac version?

Again, thanks,

pt

Hi,

We’re aiming for full parity. There will always be some differences, but the versions should be equivalent eventually - it will most likely be the end of 2012 before we reach that stage, though.

All the best,
Keith

More than 2 years later I am still missing the “back-reference at linked document” feature available at MacOS for quite a long time now. Or did I just not detect it (Version 1.7.1.0)?

Many thanks.