Recovering from a crash

My computer, a MacBook Pro running OS X, crashed and I had to reinstall the operating system. All my files were lost.

Now, when I try to re-enter the Scrivner registration number, I get the message that it is invalid. I’m counting down on a 30 trial, when I did indeed buy Scrivner.

What can I do?

Kendall

Chances are that when you are copying and pasting the serial number, you are also accidentally copying the spaces or newline at the end of the serial number into the text field, which will cause the serial number not to be recognised. When you paste it in, make sure that there is no blank space after it.
Best,
Keith

Thanks for the quick reply. I was indeed copying and pasting, but I backspaced to get rid of that extra space and it still didn’t work. I am doing this from a copy, also cut and pasted, and not the email from Scrivner since those files were also lost.

Any other ideas?

The licence code is directly linked to the user name, so if there is any difference in the way you are entering them now to the way you registered them then it won’t work. If you can’t remember, drop me an e-mail at support AT literatureandlatte DOT com with either your original e-mail address (the one with which you registered) or your full postal address and I’ll resend you your confirmation e-mail. It will probably be tomorrow before I deal with it, though, as I’m about to go to bed!
Best,
Keith