Recovery Font Change

Hello all, I’ve been using this program for a while but honestly this is the first time I’ve had an issue.

I had a hardware failure, but was able to restore from backups. However, the new version updated some of my formatting. Specifically, it changed the font I had been using for a single character, and I hate it. I was hoping for a smart search or formatting-paste type option but I have not yet been able to find one. Any suggestions? I’m close to 100k words, so going through and doing it by hand sounds awful…

I may be looking for something with my mouth instead of my eyes, feel free to berate me for missing the obvious. Is there a way to use the “find by formatting” to do this?

Ideally I would be able to search a chapter for text in a specific font, and select it, then change that font for only the selected text, throughout a body (chapter, etc).

So I guess to clarify : Is there a way to use Find by Formatting (or anything else) to select all the text in one font from a chapter?

BEST case scenario I am assuming I will have to do this process roughly 18 times, so I hope it is simple.

Please? Anyone?

I’ve been working on this since I first posted it in the wrong area and I’m not even 1/3 done yet…

Half done.

Update all
if NOT font “Calibri” set to font “Forte”

Something like that.

You know what gets me about that gif? It’s not Jimmy, it’s the blank stare behind him…that dedication.

AFAIK, “find by font” is not a feature of either the Mac or the iOS versions, so I would be surprised if the Windows version included it.

Generally, people on this forum are happy to help, so a topic that is on the correct board (yours is) and goes unanswered means that no one has any help to offer. Sorry :frowning:

Yeah, I kinda gathered that after a while.

I completed my edit by hand like a barbarian anyway.