Remove item from quick reference list?!?

Hi

I’ve added a doc to the quick reference list and that’s great. But now I want to remove it.

I’ve tried swiping and tapping anything I can see that looks like it might do the job but to no avail.

Anyone out there who can tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Thanks in advance

Graeme

PS Of course, the iOS app is absolutely fab!

Just jumping in to say that if it’s possible I can’t figure it out either. Maybe someone with more scrivener experience knows the answer!

Glad it’s not just me then.

Let’s see if anyone has figured it out or whether it counts as a feature enhancement.

Cheers

Graeme

Next to the, possibly truncated, title of the QuickReference on its left, you should see the word “Draft”—I’ve only got a very simple project open, so it might be the name of the containing folder in your cases—and tap on that. It takes you back to the Binder. At least that’s on iPad. I don’t know how all of this works, if at all, on iPhone.

:slight_smile:

Mark

Edited to correct name.

Hmm

I’d love to be proved wrong but I suspect that it’s a ‘feature’ of v1.0 software :wink:

Al

Mark

What you say is true - that is a good way of getting back to the binder when viewing a quick reference file in the left hand column.

But I’m trying to figure out how to remove the file from the quick reference list itself.

The one thing I have just noticed is that there is a different quick reference list for each project (I’ve never used them on my Mac version of Scrivener).

Cheers

Graeme

Sorry, Graeme, I realised that after I had posted. Clearly the list cannot currently be edited; the only thing is to hope Keith sees this thread and comes back to say if it could be done and if he thinks it is worth trying to do for some future update.

Mark

Mark

No worries.

I just assumed I wasn’t swiping the right thing in the right way, so I’ll stop looking for what is probably not there until we get further clarity around this.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi,

No, there’s no way of doing it. That list only lists the most recent five QR files, and they appear at the bottom of the list so they are out of the way.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith.

Knowing that it maxes out at five means I can stop fretting :wink:

Said it before and I’m gonna say it again: great app, truly excellent work - kudos to you and the team.

Graeme

Thanks, Graeme!

I’ve added the ability to swipe and remove Quick References from the list for the next update.

All the best,
Keith