Remove page number from last page of chapter

Hello,
As per the standard French typography, the last page of a chapter should NOT have a page number. I’d like to know if there’s an option during compilation to do that like “different header/footer for page before page break” or “different header/footer for last page of section”.
If you have any tip as how to do that, I’d be glad to know. Thank you.

Hi.

Unfortunately, there is no such option in Scrivener. You would need to edit your document’s design using post-compile software.

Slàinte mhòr.

I was afraid of that. Is there any you can recommend to do this single thing ? Word has a very bad tendency to screw my justified body and layout, as well as my header/footer fonts.

Hi.

I haven’t used Word in years, but in Pages, you can insert a section break at the end of the page before the last page of the chapter and then remove the page number from the footer on the last page of the chapter.

In the PDF attached, a section break has been introduced at the bottom of page 41 and the page number has been removed from the footer on page 42. The page numbering then continues on page 44 (after the unnumbered page 43) as expected.

Someone else – especially a fellow French user of Scrivener – might have a better solution for you.

Bonne Année !

Slàinte mhòr.

Scrivener Test Novel.pdf (517 KB)