removing note defaut text

When I highlight an existing note and create a new stacked note, there is default text in the new note with one particular style. I’m not sure how I did this to begin with and would like to remove the default text and just have a blank note in the given style. I have tried redefining the style but the text remains. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

One thing worth mentioning is that the placeholder text that is inserted into new notes should be automatically selected so that when you start typing, the practical effect is that it might as well not exist in the first place.

But, if you don’t even want placeholder text, that among many other aspects of a new note, can be tweaked in the respective tab of Scapple’s preferences. Styles have no bearing on content, by design, save but how that content is illustrated.

Just be aware that Scapple discards notes you leave empty, so if it is your habit to set up a block of notes with placeholder text and then write into them, you might want to stick with placeholder text.