Request: keyboard functionality for keywords

Hello,

Please consider create a keyboard shortcut to create keywords. Basically I would like to expedite the creation of new keywords by highlighting text that I wrote and using the highlighted text as a new keyword. This works great for character names, places, etc.

Cheers!
Ed

Sorry, I’m not around a Windows machine at the moment to verify that this works, but you should be able to select the word and drag and drop it into the Keywords sidebar list to assign it to that item, or to drag it into the floating keywords panel to just create it without assigning it yet.

(Incidentally the inverse should also work as well: drag a keyword into the text editor to add it as text.)

Hello,

Thank you! It does indeed work. Is there a way that I can map this action to a key combination? If I could highlight (shift-arrow) and then create a keyword (let’s say ctrl-k) it would be excellent.

Thanks again for the hint!
Ed

Ah, no there isn’t a keyboard shortcut for that. The best I can give you is that we do intend to add a much greater level of keyboard navigation to the software in the future, when the menu system can be overhauled. So while there wouldn’t be a specific command for doing what you ask, there would be an overall framework that would make that specific task a snap, as well as countless many other things that we might not even imagine.

That’s excellent news! I really look forward to it :smiley:.

Cheers!
Ed