Research PDF "Blowup" Glitch?

i just went into my research files to look at a couple of PDFs that i imported weeks ago. when i first brought them into scrivener, they looked great. now they’re massively blown up, so much so that when i clicked on them i thought they’d disappeared, just saw a massively magnified piece of white margin. used the sliders to verify that the documents were still there, but am wondering if there’s a way i can “size to fit,” and if there’s some reason why they seemed to blow up on their own.

thanks,
phb

This was something that happened in the last updates - I’m not quite sure why. The last update changed the way that the scale was saved (it’s now saved in the project itself rather than in the preferences file), so I think that when you first open a PDF file after that update, it doesn’t quite know how to scale itself. This has been reported by several users, but strangely, I never encountered it.

To fix it, just go to View > PDF Display and click on Size To Fit or Actual Size, then you can rescale as you wish.

Best,
Keith

Just thought I’d add that I’m having the same problem and here’s a delightful screenshot to support it.

Not quite sure what this adds given that I’ve already confirmed and explained the issue. :question:

All the best,
Keith

thanks for the fix. and for the illustrative screen shot. all better now.

phb