Reset paragraph defaults in compile?

So, I would like my first paragraphs of my ebooks to be unindented, and I screwed that up somehow when I edited the default paragraph to justify the text.

Now, I see that kindle automatically justifies the text, and if I could turn back time…

Anyway. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but that didn’t work. I deactivated it, but that didn’t work. I’ve now uninstalled it again, after deactivating, to see if that can give me a fresh clean default restoration. Any advice on restoring defaults?? Thanks.

So, that didn’t work either.

Seriously, DUDE.

I’m so demoralized right now. I mean, like, Scrivener has always been frustrating, but it used to do what it was supposed to do. Now I go into Text Layouts and click “Remove first indents from all paragraphs following other elements” and IT DOESN’T DO IT.

WHY???

And WTF is up with a program that will not let you undo the stuff you did to change the defaults? Maybe there’s a way I can get into the Scrivener file where I made this change and, like, delete it? This can’t be not fixable.

Oh, AND I thought, “Okay, well I’ve got Scrivener on another machine. It’ll be fine there.” Nope. I open the file there, and it has somehow corrupted the default paragraph settings for every. single, scrivener. file. I can’t uninstall the program, I can do nothing.

All right, well…

It still looks wrong on the compile screen, but I discovered that when I opened up a file that I had compiled under before, it was compiling properly to epub from that that file. I have no idea why. Like I said, it doesn’t look correct in the compile screen, but the epub looks fine.

Anyway, ultimate fix: I made a new project, imported the old Scrivener file and tried compiling and it worked. Looks wrong on the screen but right in the epub.