Return to Default Formatting

Newbie to V3 and to the Mac …

Somehow one of my paragraphs got changed to a style of “Heading 1.” I couldn’t figure out how to undo that. I changed it to No Style like all the other paragraphs, but that didn’t work.

How do I tell Scriv to just make it like all the others?

Thanks.

It’s pretty easy. Select a paragraph that has the formatting you want.and choose menu item Format > Copy Formatting. Then select the paragraph that has succumbed to Evil, and then choose Format > Paste Formatting. The commands even have keyboard shortcuts if you’re into memorising such things. :wink:

If you want to switch a whole document to default formatting, be sure your cursor is in the document, and choose Documents > Convert > Text to Default Formatting…

Hope this helps!

For me, choosing “No Style” does cause the text to revert to default formatting.

Image below, showing the change from Heading 1 (Courier Prime, Bold, 18 ) to No Style (Courier Prime, Regular, 12).

Possible that you have inadvertently changed the No Style to match the H1 style, hence no visible change? Or perhaps the click didn’t register? Did you select the whole paragraph (even though you shouldn’t need to)?

Slàinte mhòr.

No Style.gif