Right out of the blue

…Flash
Boyfriend, dog or inner demon? Dog or demon…we got[size=150][1] problems! :open_mouth:

1. /size ↩︎

:open_mouth:

1. /size ↩︎

Is the big black monolith: (a) an affectionate term for the boyfriend (like my wife might use when referring to me (minus affectionate, obviously))?
(b) a big black dog (could be a bloody big dog. Its also a name for depression.
(c) Depression as in, inner demon. Put demon below.
(d) Demon as in one of those whatsits y dont wanna bump into on a lonely mist enshrouded country road at night.

If its big dog or demon, then the flash thingy I tinker with periodically, could mean that you are linked to me telepathically? Its not good for anybody to be linked to me telepathically. It`s not even good for, me, to be linked to me telepathically.

Or have you actually got a big slab of granite in the middle of your lounge? :confused:

I was referring, jokingly, to the slab of granite. I read the book last month for a book club meet, which explains rather more clearly than the film what the monolith does. I was referring to the way the thread - and what happened this week to get me to write the thread - had inspired me to think differently about myself as a writer and indeed, interacting with people a bit, too.

Since the monolith basically encouraged the species to think and act differently with new thoughts and ideas, I was vaguely suggesting I had a monolith by me right now.

Of course, you probably had to have read the book, and been inside my head when I wrote that one line reply in order to get all of that. Total reference fail on my part, there. :unamused: :blush:

Well, if yre not linked to me telepathically, theres still hope for you.