Right panel locked?

My latest problem seems to be that my right panel seems to have stopped working? It is locked on the start scene, and I can’t pull up either the Scrivenings or Corkboard. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix the issue(going to full screen and back, reloading, trying different formats, clicking on other scenes), but nothing so far has made even a dent. Even with the right panel selected, everything happens in the left panel.

Anyone know of any way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

I’d check the Navigate → Editor → Lock in Place command.

2 Likes

When you have your Draft/Manuscript folder selected, most options in this panel are unavailable.
Select a Chapter or Scene to activate the panel again.

2 Likes

To clarify a bit, my response assumes that the issue is with the right half of a split editor pane. @AntoniDol’s assumes that it’s with the Inspector.

If neither of our responses is helpful, maybe you could give us a little more detail?

1 Like

Another way of interpreting the question is: no matter which editor split you have active, whatever you click on in the binder goes to the left. A condition like this would most often be accompanied by the signal of the blue shading on the editor header bar (which indicates where binder clicks will go) sticking to the left side no matter.

If that is what you are seeing, then you might have been messing with the settings in the Navigate ▸ Binder Selection Affects ▸ submenu, which contains some useful alternatives to the standard behaviour. The default setting is at the top: Current Editor.

You can also by the way Alt-click on binder items to temporarily use the opposite split from what it would normally use. So that’s a way of primarily only changing the left side, with occasional changes to the right.

2 Likes

That was the first thing I thought of, but regardless of what I click on the right side doesn’t change, only the left. :stuck_out_tongue:

That was it! Somehow I’d set it to ‘Left Binder’ so that anything I did only affected the Left Binder… even if I had the Right Binder selected. Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like