Ro'shaan

I’m going to use this thread as a catchall for my script and ideas for it to get feedback. This scene is a concept piece for the start of the script, a precursor but it would require that scenes following be flashbacks up to this point in time (which is WIP).

All spoken dialog in Altong.

BES (V.O.)
What do you remember?

DANTE (V.O.)
What am I supposed to remember?

FADE IN:
INT. NON-DESCRIPT ROOM.
The room is plain off white, without any distracting ornamentation or color. Dante sits upright in a chair looking forward.

BES (V.O.)
Do you remember your name?

DANTE
I am Ro’shaan Kall.

BES
No. That was another life. You are Ro’shaan Dante now.

Dante looks uneasily down and right.

BES
Do you remember the world you come from?

DANTE
(pauses to think)
Eertah

BES
Earth. Do you remember your people?

Dante’s lips quivers.

BES
Ro’shaan Dante. Human, male, 39yrs old from the planet Earth.

DANTE
Why can’t I remember?

BES
The memories of your self were pushed aside when we unlocked the memories of Ro’shaan Kall. This is not uncommon. They will return.

Dante stares blankly to a spot on the floor ahead of him.

BES
What’s the last thing you remember?

DANTE
(moment of silence)
Dying.

FADE IN:

CREDITS: White letter on black b.g.

INTERCUT WITH:

EXT. BARREN LANDSCAPE - DAY
A reddish brown planet, named Ty’kon. Barely vegetated.
Ro’shaan Calimae, a Lankori, dressed in desert combat gear runs toward rising smoke on the horizon at incredible speed driven by force of his will and the full resources of his cybernetics.
He approaches a cliff, 100 ft high and leaps off, landing with both feet and continuing his run.
He grips his rifle, muzzle down and close. Sucking air and grunting, he drives himself onward, never slowing or stumbling. All is silent except for the steady beat of his boots against the dry, packed soil and his heavy grunting. Ty’kon’s vegetation is sparse, at best and Ro’shaan Calimae is a lone figure among a deserted landscape. At length he comes upon what he has been running toward and falls to his knees in defeat. Thousands of Accord soldiers, impaled on spikes, some hung from their necks or feet. Blood soaks the ground beneath their corpses. He rages as he beats the ground with his rifle butt. Screaming gives way to sobbing and he drops his rifle in front of him.

CALIMAE
(head hung, said through tears)
I’m sorry. I never meant for this to happen.

He lifts his eyes to the carnage and finds it replaced by 10,000s of Okahni soldiers armed with shock sticks. Two in front hold a restraint made of two horizontal solid metal bars and one vertical with shackles for hands and feet. They begin to step toward him.

Human hands reach for the rifle and Ro’shaan Dante places the muzzle under his chin.

A shot is heard.

SMASH CUT TO:

INT. ATLAS/RO’SHAAN’S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Ro’shaan Dante wakes up, sweaty and grasping. Struggling to get out of bed, he falls to the floor. He grabs the bed frame for support to lift himself up, but can’t get the strength and so leans his head into his hands and cries.

FADE TO: