rounded corners background color in binder

Hi, since recently I’m using the Scrivener Windows beta version and loving it so far. Thanks for all the hard work.

I do have a small request though.

I like to use background color in the binder (View - Use Label Color In - Show as Background Color In Binder). And recently I saw a picture of how that looks like in the Mac version and they have nice smooth rounded corners (like the rounded corners on the index cards)!

So I would like to ask if we, us Scriv Wins, could have those slick rounded corners on the background color in the binder as well? That’ll be awesome. :smiley:

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Cheers,
flora

No. Sorry. No rounded corners for you.

But I saw any on a Mac, either … not until I blew up a screenshot for this post. The corners are rounded, but not enough to matter.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 17.04.55.png[/attachment]

Okay, I see your point. However, I saw a different Mac print screen where the corners are much rounder than in your example. See print screen below.

I wonder if that’s a Scrivener TWO screen — or a different theme.

Mac Scrivener 2!

:smiley:

Mark

Okay, good to know, thank you both.
I found the print screen on a website and didn’t know which Mac version they used.

Well, who knows, maybe the design team will give scrivWin3 a nice curvy touch to balance the squareness, like they did with the index cards.

cheers,
flora

As far as I know, they are trying to make it look as close to Scrivener 3 on Mac as much as possible – so if the Mac version doesn’t have the curves, the chances that the Windows version will are rather slim.

I doubt they’ll worry about matching Windows to Mac on a minor detail like this. They’ll do what’s easiest to implement in the Qt framework.

That is a very old version of the MacOS, too. It now looks like this: