Running headers in Compiled PDFs

In my compilations, I want to have the same header appear on every page. I have a header on the first page, but i want it to appear on subsequent pages. I know it’s simpler than it seems, but an answer here would save me time. Thanks.

Headers and footers are discussed in Section 24.20.5 and 24.20.6 of the Scrivener manual.

Briefly, the format you’re using appears to define a first page header separately from the body header. The Page Settings tab in the Compile Format editor lets you change that.

Katherine

Thank you, Katharine.

Next issue: I can’t get the title of the section I’m compiling to show up. Only the placeholder shows.

What format are you Compiling to?

Have you set the title in the Compile command’s metadata pane?

Katherine

[quote=“kewms”]
What format are you Compiling to? PDF

Have you set the title in the Compile command’s metadata pane?

Forgot about that other title entry option. But, in fact, I had put something in there a long time ago. It still doesn’t appear in the header when I use <$title>.

Here’s what I would like to do: The attachment shows my organization of my novel in the Binder. What I want to print in the compilation is the title of the text section I’m currently ending. In this case, it is “Rev 3-1. The End”.

Love the app, but there’s so much to learn!

The placeholder you want is <$pageGroupTitle>. There’s a complete list of placeholders on the Help menu.

What version of Scrivener do you have?

Katherine

Thank you again. That did it. I looked at the list of placeholders but didn’t understand this one.

My Scrivener version is 3.22

It would be nice to have a graphic showing the various options.

I’m sorry, but this thread is more than two years old and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

A graphic showing which options?

1 Like