Running on 64-bit Linux systems

Although with the provided libraries the basic functionality of the Linux distribution, which is 32-bit, does run (at least starts) on my RHEL6 64-bit workstation, there are a few issues, such as there appears to be no means from the system menus to install/activate Scrivener plugins. As a result, I keep getting messages about the phonon backend plugin not working. The error messages are:

WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ).
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

Also, when I try to access the “Known Bugs” section in the Help menu, I get this problem (chrome is my browser):

/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome)
Failed to move to new PID namespace: Cannot allocate memory