Save As, Save to file, and others not working *UPDATE

I apologize if this has been dealt with before, but I could not find any posts about this. This makes me wonder if I have an issue with Windows 7, or my computer in general.

I am unable to use features like “Save As…”, “Save to file” (in script settings), and loading preferences saved from another project. I haven’t tried everything, so there are probably other features I can’t use. The strange thing is that I can use other features like “Save as Template”, or Save for use with other projects.

I’ve tried both the drop down menu options for these features, and the keyboard shortcuts.

When I try to use one of these features nothing happens at all. I don’t get an error message, dialog box, or anything else. If I choose something like “Save as” from the drop down File menu, the drop down goes away but nothing else happens. If I use the keyboard shortcut nothing happens.

Part of the reason I’m worried that this might be my Windows 7 is because this seems similar to my being unable to use or even find some programs I’ve recently installed like WinZip. It installs correctly but never shows up as a program and I don’t get any icons.

Anyway, I haven’t used Scrivener in a few months since I finished the first draft of my comic book series, and I just installed the most recent update. But I didn’t try using it before installing the update so I have no idea if that caused the issue.

If someone could help, that would be great. I was finally ready to start the second draft of the series, but now I’m afraid of doing a lot of work and losing it somehow.

Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to give as much detail on the situation as possible.

Thanks!
Sean

*UPDATE - I’m not having the issues on another computer also running Windows 7, so I don’t know what’s going on with my home computer. Any ideas?