Save Bar?

I’m not quite sure if this is where to put it or not, but would it be possible at some point in the future to put in a simple save bar? Something that when you hit ctrl+S (or the actual save button) will show you that you’ve actually saved? Right now, I’m hitting save five different times, because I’m not 100% certain my file has been saved.
Many many thanks in advance. :smiley:

There’s the little asterisk at the top (where it says the title of your project) that shows if you have unsaved changes. It disappears when you save or when Scrivener autosaves for you.

And the implication therein is that you needn’t save rampantly in Scrivener. It already saves rampantly for you. The manual save function is there mainly for the paranoid :slight_smile: and those who, for one technical reason or another, have decided to effectively nullify the auto-save capability by cranking the idle rate up really high. Either way, saving is extremely fast because Scrivener only saves the stuff that has changed since the last save. Even if there was a progress bar, 99 times out of a hundred you would never even see it.

Would it be too much to ask, for some future version, to consider an option to allow Ctrl-S to either automatically create a complete backup copy of the project (with timestamp added to the filename), to create a snapshot, or both?

That would not be too much to ask. :slight_smile: In fact, that is a 2.0 feature already. Automatic backups in general are on the slate, and with that will be a set of criteria for when auto-backups are created. One of those is whenever a manual save is called.