saved files, beta testing and netbooks

Hello,

Perhaps this question has an obvious answer some where that I’ve missed.

If I create a project, save it, and then the beta runs out, when I download the new beta, will it automatically absorb my old saved files or will I need to save them elsewhere and import them?

Another question I have is, I plan on using scrivener on a netbook (Samsung NF210). How heavily does it use system resources and have others used in successfully on netbooks?

Regards,

Pip

Hi Pip,

Scrivener should be saving your new projects in your ‘My Documents’ by default. Uninstalling the program won’t have an effect on the projects you’ve created. You may need to relocate your projects when you install new beta versions, but it won’t remove them entirely, you can just open them again.

I have the beta installed on an Acer Aspire One running Windows XP SP3, and it runs fine so far, the only problem I have with it is a lack of window space, but that’s because of the screen size, nothing wrong on the program’s end.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that’s re-assuring :slight_smile:

I’ve only ever had a super heavy laptop so knowing Scrivener will run happily on my new netbook is very exciting. I’m test driving it this morning in Starbucks :slight_smile:

Pip

I already had several beta versions installed and my project (which I saved to another partition) automatically opens whenever I start a new beta for the first time.

I mainly use Scrivener on my Samsung N210 Plus netbook equipped with Windows 7 Starter, and I never really had any problems concerning system ressources. Usually I run Firefox, Scrivener, Windows Media Player, and Word 2010 at the same time, and it works just fine (albeit everything is of course considerably slower than it is on my laptop).