Saving Error

I’LL LEAVE THIS UP BECAUSE IT MAY BE OF HELP TO OTHERS.

I DID A View > Editor > Clear Document History

… AND THE PROBLEM DISAPPEARED.

PS the name was not too long - it was: Hero Design Sheet

When I also did a View > Editor > Clear Document History to every document in the Trash I was able to then empty the trash.

This WAS the problem prior to the edit above:

This has just recently appeared and the App will not save manually or automatically.

Trash will not empty either.

I believe I have properly set Permissions.

After saving, the only Scrivener Console entry is:

5/8/08 10:10:43 AM Scrivener[13869] LCC Scroll Enhancer loaded

Could the Logitech Mouse be the problem?

Disk Utilities Repair Permissions indicated:

Repairing permissions for “Leopard G5”
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/DirectoryService”, should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxrwxrwx .
ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root/Library/Preferences”.
ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root/Library”.
ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root”.
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences”, should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration”, should be drwxr-xr-x , they are drwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist”, should be -rw-r–r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist”, should be -rw-r–r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.ByteRangeLocking.plist”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.Catapult.plist”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.dockfixup.plist”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.xgrid.agent.plist”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.xgrid.controller.plist”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.headerdoc.exampletocteplate.html”, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxrwx .

Have repaired these.

After doing this and uninstalling the LCC app and after downloading and installing a fresh copy of Scrivener and after running Disk Warrior the problem still appears. It also happens with Together - but does not appear to happen with any other apps.

The problem only appeared recently (no I can’t associate it with any particular event). I would be grateful for any lateral thinking that might help me resolve the issue.

Problem Solved:

I DID A View > Editor > Clear Document History

Thanks
Saving Error.tiff.zip (21 KB)

Lord,

Sounds like a corrupt pref file (Pref that contains Document History). If you trash the app and reinstall the pref file is still there hence still causing the problem. Clearing the history seems to have wiped out the offending code and “fixed the issue”.

I guess the big question is does the problem persist after you have opened a few documents and created a new “Document History” or has the problem gone away entirely?

I am having the same proplem (same error message) I have don e everything mentioned here and nothing is working, I sent the file to a different computer and the problem went with the file, I don’t get the message on earlier saved projects. whathas happened and how doi i fix it?

Could you zip up the project and send it to support AT literatureandlatte DOT com?
Thanks,
Keith

I can, I went backwards to a prior saved version minus what I had done in the last two additions and the prior version worked fine, I copied and pasted my changes into it and it continued to work fine and saved properly. Something goes wrong when I try to change the name the project is saved under. I was doing this as a way to keep track of my updates, but as long as I am not changing the saved name it does not produce the error.

Did you change the name in the Finder whilst Scrivener was open? If this was the case, then you may well have experienced this problem, as Scrivener would no longer be able to find the .scriv package into which it was trying to save.
All the best,
Keith