Saving issue

Hi, I’m running Scrivener 3.2.2 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. I haven’t made any changes to my operating system or my general set-up, but Scrivener has started giving me the following error message after it’s been left idle for perhaps half an hour or so:

No project package could be found at ‘[file pathway & file name go here].scriv’.
The project could not be saved because the .scriv file package could not be located. If this project was saved on an external volume which has been disconnected, please reconnect the volume and try again

I’ve deselected auto-backups to Dropbox to see if that helps, but it hasn’t made any difference. If anyone has experienced something similar I’d love some help. Thanks a lot.

“After 30 minutes of idle” sounds like it’s the Automatic Quit feature, which is presumably triggering a backup and finding an incorrect file path.

Things to check:

Preferences > Backup > Backup Location

Project Settings > Backup > Use Custom Backup for this project > Backup location. Have you set a custom backup for this project?

When you click on ‘Open Backup folder’ for both of these, do you see what you’d expect?

(These are just steps to understand the most obvious thing which could be wrong — if this doesn’t work, then it’s probably something non-obvious and support will are able to help).

HTH.

Thanks a lot for your response, I’m going to check out those options.