Saving New Project error

I upgraded to Scrivener 3 and now when I try to create a new project and save it to the Scrivener file in my Dropbox folder I get this error:

This is the folder I save everyting to, and when I save an exisitng project as a new project to that folder it allows it, but isn’t allowing me to save a new project there.

UPDATE:

If I create the project and save it to my desktop and then drag it to my dropbox folder, it accepts it and seems to sync up. But I don’t want to have to do this any time I create something new.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Is there a .scrivx file in your Dropbox folder? If so, maybe that’s what is confusing Scrivener, making it think that the dropbox folder itself is a project folder.

1 Like

Hi HMBraverman,

Your Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener folder would typically only contain other folders, and these other folders would typically be Scrivener projects.

Is there anything in this folder that’s not a folder?

Because something in Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener is fooling Scrivener into thinking that it’s a Scrivener project folder, and my guess is you have a .scrivx file stored in there.

If you do have a .scrivx file in that folder, did you inadvertently move it there? Or did you somehow make Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener a project folder? Whatever the case, be very cautious about moving files around to fix this, and I advise you to make sure you have zipped backups of all your projects prior to relocating any files. This sort of cleanup in Dropbox can have disastrous effects.

Best,
Jim

1 Like

Yep that was the issue. Thanks!