Saving to the cloud messes with the Binder files

Several times in the past few days, I’ve saved my Scrivener 3 document to DropBox and to One Drive, but when I open the document again, a Scrivener message says some files weren’t save in the proper order and can be found at the bottom of the Binder. Is there something I can do to prevent this happening?

Hunch. Your sych folders set to be “offline” which is what Scrivener requires? (discussed here often).

Also see [Dropbox setup] MacOS projects no longer fully syncing - #22 by smlee27701

2 Likes

You might also be encountering a conflict between Dropbox and OneDrive. See if you see the same behavior with projects saved (and configured to be available offline) with only one of them.

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies.
I think the problem was that it takes a little time to save to DropBox and I may have closed my Mac before it had completed the operation. I’ve not had the problem since I gave it more time to save. I know the DB icon shows the activiity of saving, but it was blocked by a red circle, I think suggesting I upgrade. I hope this helps someone else who might have the same probelm.

1 Like