Sb2 : UI : minor : Annoying flicker in full screen

When Typewriter Scrolling is enabled, there is a very brief flicker during carriage return and some word wrap events. It happens for me, around 75% of the time, perhaps a bit more. This happens while using at least 100% and 125% zoom settings.

Do you mean the text is actually flickering on and off, or do you mean that the cursor is wobbling up and down slightly (which I just noticed)?

I had not noticed the cursor before. Your guess is right, it is the text itself which flickers. It is very rapid, so hard to say, but I’m pretty sure it is just the text below the current edit point which flickers.

Hmm… I don’t see that. It sounds more like an Apple bug, though, as redraws below the cursor point are notoriously buggy in the text system at the moment… I’ll keep an eye out for it, though.

True. I know the Ulysses team battled with Apple’s redraw bug for ages. I had thought Apple had fixed, perhaps this is something related that went under the radar. I’ll try and find a more reliable way of reproducing it.

As far as I know, the Ulysses guys found a work around. Scrivener also has certain workarounds, but nothing that should cause the flickering. There is a general low-level NSView redrawing bug that has been confirmed by Apple that affects a lot of things - for instance, you may sometimes find that a unified toolbar goes completely blank. Apple have fixed a lot of this internally, but as far as I know it hasn’t made it into an OS X update as of yet - but I could be wrong. Anyway, like I say, I’ll keep an eye out.