SB2--vertical split--doc remains after being deleted

If the document on the non-focused side of the split is deleted, the contents of the document remain onscreen.

I deleted the document by having both focused and non-focused documents the same.

This is because the document isn’t actually deleted but moved to the trash. The main document changes because the binder selection changes. I admit the behaviour might be confusing, though, so I’ll take a look at it.

Hmm, you know, I don’t think this is really a bug, but how it should be. I tried it by having delete not affect what is shown in the binder, but I don’t like it that way.

Look at it this way: the binder selection affects the current split. So if you delete the document in the binder, it gets moved to the trash and the current document will change. However, the document in the split should not change, because actions in the binder should not affect that view unless the document is deleted completely (ie. moved to trash and then trash emptied).

So I think I will leave this behaviour as it is…

Ah. That makes sense, but it might be more intuitive if the header changed to say “Title (in Trash)” or something.

Actually you have spotted a bug there. The icons of files in the trash are semi-transparent, which means when you move the document to the trash, the icon in the header view should become semi-transparent to indicate this - I notice that this doesn’t happen until you reload the document. I will fix this for beta 3. Thanks!