Sb3 : UI : minor : Selecting last line in E.S. and deleting

When in Edit Scrivenings, if you select the last line of a Scrivening a certain way, anywhere in the middle or top of the Session, it cannot be deleted. The two methods which cause the error are triple-clicking and selecting from the left to the right using the “quick” way of doing so (dropping the mouse downward to catch the whole line). In both of these cases, it looks like the selection grabs one of the intermediate carriage returns between Scrivenings, making it impossible to delete the line because you technically have a pan-Scrivening selection.

Selection from the right to the left does not exhibit this error.

This is not a bug (it’s a feature :slight_smile: ). Remember that the newline between documents doesn’t really exist in your document. It is just padding between documents. There is either a single or a double newline, depending on what you have selected in preferences. If one of those newlines are selected and you try to delete, nothing will happen, as they are the delimiters that separate your documents. This is certainly one for the documentation, and I’d be very grateful if you could pop a note about this in the FAQ when you get chance. :slight_smile:

Oops, sorry, I’m half-asleep and I think I misread your post. You seem to have already figured out the above, but I think you are saying that the way things get selected is a problem. The way text gets selected is defined solely by the Cocoa text system, and there is no way I am going to start playing with this. :slight_smile: I can use certain methods to modify the selection, but this is a rather tricky circumstance…

All the best,
Keith

Aye, I’ll put a warning in the FAQ. Easiest way to avoid the problem is to leave a single line at the bottom of your documents.