Scapple and the recent webinar

I’ve been resorting to using diagram.net / draw.io, instead of Scapple. But recently, I was fortunate enough to be able to watch " How To Brainstorm Ideas in Scrivener and Scapple for NaNoWriMo", where the presenter demonstrated on a Mac. I say “fortunate” because I’ve had (technical) trouble watching the videos from the library. :frowning:

In the webinar I mentioned above, is the panel (in Scapple) that’s all the way to the right (bubble formats, etc.) a Mac-only option?

The last of robust features is one reason I’ve been using draw.io – I can keep my formatting panel right there and can easily edit appearance of the bubble(s). (Plus, I can put the file in my Google Drive and share to my accountability buddy.

Are there more features tucked away inside Scapple (for Windows) that I’m just not seeing? Or is Scapple in the same position Scrivener was in until v3 came out (more features in MacOS than in Windows OS)?

Anne

I didn’t watch the webinar, but does View > Show Inspector reveal the panel to which you’re referring?

Hard to say, as I only use Windows Scapple. But you could always have a look at the (relatively) short user manual (Help > Scapple Manual) to see what’s available in the Windows version.

Best,
Jim

During the webinar, I thought View > Show Inspector wasn’t working because I was expecting that right side panel which is like the Inspector in Scrivener. But, no. The Inspector is a little floating window with two tabs that give me some control over Note Style and Document Style. I would rather have it “docked” within Scapple’s main window, so it’s not always disappearing on me. I’ll stick with the other app for now.

Anne

Enable the setting File > Options > Embedded Inspector, then restart Scapple.

That will get you a “docked” inspector.

Best,
Jim

That did help. It’s not the same as the MacOS, but I guess I’ll just be (im)patiently waiting for upgrades. :unamused:

Thank you,
Anne