Scenes in the Notecard View

It seems oddly out of place that you have the notecard section, but you can’t see the scenes in each chapter. To me, if I’m looking at these notecards, they should automatically list the scene names underneath the chapter on the card without you having to do anything. This way, you get a better view of where everything is in your story. I like that you can add notes to the notecard, but I really would like to see the scenes in that view and be able to re-arrange them by just dragging and dropping from notecard to notecard.

I’m not quite clear on what you are expecting, there are no “scenes” in Scrivener, it is a general-purpose outline based writing tool. If one desires to work at the scene level of detail, then they would have one file for each scene, in the Draft folder. Thus, when you click on a folder you get exactly what you want: a list of the files (scenes, if you will) in that folder (chapter), with one index card for each file.

Do you mean something else?

There’s a better way to do that. The space on a card is limited, so you might not be able to see all the scenes for a particular chapter. The better way is to use the binder.

Check out my binder:

i.imgur.com/5zRkvUW.png