Scracthpad is crashing Sriverner 3.0

Hello,

I am an active user of Scrivener Scratchpad. For the last few months, it is crashing Scrivener every other day. It is frustrating because I have Scrivener open all the time. No damage to file yet but I am worried. I am taking backups so not too worried. However, is there a known issue? Anyone else seeing it as well?

-Kasey

When did you last restart your Mac?

I have restarted my Mac recently like 3 days ago. However, this is happening for last two months and I have restarted my Mac a few times in that period.

-Kasey

Did you test to delete and re-install the Scrivener app?

Also––you have an open thread on this issue where KB and AmberV have offered advice.
See here: literatureandlatte.com/forum … hp?t=51828

Yes, we have a number of reports of the scratch pad crashing, but so far I have been unable to find the cause (and we’ve been unable to reproduce it on any of our machines). All of the crash logs we receive seem to be slightly different, too, which means it might be a tricky memory management issue somewhere. If there is anything you can do that consistently reproduces the crash, that would be really useful.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

I WAS JUST LEARNING HOW TO USE SCRATCH PAD. I TRIED IT IN WORD. IF THAT WORKED IT WOULD BE GREAT TOOL FOR THE HUGE HANDBOOK I AM WORKING ON. BUT BOTH TIMES IT QUITE QUICKLY BROUGHT UP AND INTERNAL ERROR. I COULD NOT SIMPLY QUIT. RESORTED TO FORCE QUIT. REPORT WENT TO SCRIV.

TOM WILSON