Scratchpad freeze

I’m experiencing some Scratchpad weirdness. After I write a note and “send to Project…”, when I try to delete the note the Scratchpad presents its “Delete Selected Notes” dialogue and then hangs. The “OK” button isn’t highlighted as usual. Clicking the button highlights it, but nothing happens. I can move the Scratchpad around, I can write or do anything else in the project, but I can’t write in Scratchpad or get rid of its dialogue without quitting Scrivener entirely.

This happens only in the one project. I shut down the computer overnight, but the same thing is happening today. I had no other apps open.

Based on this thread from 2010, (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10597&p=81960&hilit=scratchpad+freezes#p81960), I checked Console and found this message:

Scrivener [607] ***-["NSCFArray removeObjectAtIndex:]: index (2147483647 (or possibly larger)) beyond bounds (2)

I have no idea what it means, though. Can you help?

Thanks.

Hi,

There’s an error getting thrown in the background there. Can you get this to happen every time? If so, would you mind zipping up and sending us the project (seeing as you say it only happens with one project) to mac.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com, along with a list of instructions on how we can see it for ourselves?

Thanks!

All the best,
Keith