Script Formatting seems to have VANISHED??

Hi,

I’m new here, though been using Scrivener for Windows beta for about 2 weeks (and just upgraded to 1.4).

Bizarrely, scriptwriting formatting seems to have vanished and I can’t get it back. I can cick on SCRIPT MODE, but SHOW SCRIPT ELEMENTS MENU doesn’t engage and when I check hasn’t remained checked. This isn’t just due to 1.4 as I noticed it over the last couple of days with 1.3. Hoped 1.4 would perhaps cure it, but alas not. Also, SCRIPT SETTINGS is totally EMPTY! I’ve tried resetting the defaults, but again no joy… Maybe someone could save their script setting and send me the file to load - that might cure it??

Is this a known bug? I’m sure it will be ironed out in time, but this is an important feature for me as I’m predominantly a screewriter and have started importing my Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 documents into Scrivener because I love its “all under one roof” interface!

Also, will you be introducing predictive typing on SCENE HEADRERS and CHARACTER CUES?

I think that’s covered it. Hope you can help. Thanks in anticipation.

Chris Harvey

Well, I think this has everyone stumped, by the looks of it. Clearly not a known bug… shall just have to be patient and cope with Scrivener until it’s remedied.

If anyone comes up with a cure in the meantime it’ll be MOST appreciated…

I can confirm that scriptwriting has been disabled in my version of 1.4. I am investigating and will get back to you.

Found a fix for this.

1. Uninstall beta 1.4
  2. Go to the folder where you installed Scrivener - typically this is usually C:\Program files\Scrivener
  3. If there are any folders still left in this folder delete them - they are left over from the beta 1.0 install that didn’t remove itself properly.
  4. Reinstall beta 1.4

Scriptwriting mode should now be available as this fix worked for me. Hope that helps.

Thanks Stacey,

Will give that a try and let you know.

Blessings to you too! :slight_smile:

EUREKA!!

That does indeed seem to have sorted it. Will let you know if it relapses, but thanks very much, Stacey!!

Loving Scrivener. Will be the perfect “all in one” writing program when all the bugs are ironed out (and I shall rush to use my NaNo voucher!! :smiley:

You’re welcome and I’m with you on the NaNo voucher.