script mode elements keep changing to General Text

Hello everyone,

I bought Scrivener 1.0.3 a few days ago (and absolutely loving it, it’s one of the best programs I’ve ever known!) and using it on Windows XP Professional.

I don’t know if this is a bug, so I thought I’d post it here first, for help.

When I turn on script mode for a document, then write in that mode using different script elements, then click on a different document in the same project for example, and then come back to the document with the script elements, some of these elements have changed back to General Text.

They are still formatted as if they were Dialogue or Action text, and when I write within them they still behave that way too, but in the footer bar they show as General text. When I reformat them with the script elements menu, the same thing happens again. The elements this affects are Action and Dialogue, but strangely not Scene Heading or Character. This has also happened to me when I turn off script mode for a document and then switched it back on.

What’s happening? Could it be that it’s because I’m also using General Text in documents that are in script mode (i.e. I annotate what I’ve written, in seperate paragraphs mind, that I format as General Text)?

It’s not a biggie if nothing can be done about it because as recommended I’m going to use another program to format the script in it’s final stages, but I wanna use as much of Scrivener as I can and so help with this would be much appreciated!:wink:

Many cheers.